28 May 2006

A little song I wrote. . .

I've written a little song incorporating several languages into a message I would like to give to you all. Pick any tune you want, and sing away:

I'm done. I'm finished. Sunt Gata. I'm done. I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm FINISHED. Sumput, terminat, GATA GATA GATA. I'm done, I'm finished. I'm done I'm finished, I'm done, Sunt Gata. AND SUMUPT!!

Get the idea? That's right kids I AM A GRADUATE. What I am trying to tell you is, I no longer have homework and the next book i read will be by CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you aren't hearing the hallelujah chorus in the background right now, you haven't gotten the vision. Please return to the song and try again to catch my vision.

I'm a little ecstatic, that is mildly tempered by the fact that I don’t have a job yet. But, I am trying to keep my focus and realize that a year from now when I'm gainfully employed, I'll look back at the few months (maximum I hope) I 'took off" in between school and work, and I think how great it was to be free. I am sad to say on June 2nd I leave Boston. I have truly loved Boston. I have met some amazing people here, and will truly miss it. I WILL NOT however miss the price tag, as Boston is wicked expensive. Eeeek. Moving on west, like all smart people! Speaking of the West I saw that Utah announced it's quarter design. You have no idea how many nights I have agonized over this decision. I was so worried we would be the quarter with the Bee's! There are so many other great simples of our state besides an insect!!!! The arches, Olympics, Wasatch mountains, and of course what they chose, the golden spike. Lovely. Way to go Utah!!

Well--needed to let you all hear my new song, but now I must go to bed as it's 2 am here. But, I feel the need to point out I am up at 2 am by choice, not because I am working on a paper or a whatever. YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!


Officially Jessica A Barney MS RD RPCV!! Look at them initials baby! FYI Below is a photo of me accepting my certificate in Humanitarian Studies at Harvard Faculty Club! That's right, I'm cool.

PS-if any of you ever here the words PhD come out of my mouth, slap me. Thanks so much.

No comments: